SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_healey

Installing a new toe kick vent in an already installed cabinet

Amanda Healey
last year

I have some beautiful old cabinets in my kitchen that I'd like to install a toe kick vent in. I have to install a new run of ductwork to get to the cabinet which will be straight off the furnace in the basement for about 15 feet and then pop it up under the cabinet. (I couldn't have been more lucky in placement for this and can't figure out why no one before me ever did it.)

1. I'm assuming I'll need to cut a hole in my cabinet bottom to access the floor and install this properly. It's a sink cabinet and I really don't feel like uninstalling everything for access. Can someone confirm my assumptions are correct here?

2. I'm wondering if I should just run a flexible vent pipe through the ceiling/floor to the toe kick vent, or should I go to the trouble of installing a boot at the basement ceiling, and then another in the kitchen floor to transition to the toe kick vent? I can't imagine a cabinet would ever NOT be in this location, so I don't have to worry about what it looks like if it was one day removed.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH