SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Thanks to youtube, I am handy!

salonva
last year
last modified: last year

I'm so excited.

The other night, actually returning home from Longwood, I entered our pin number on the garage keypad. Nothing happened. I had a moment where I thought maybe I messed up entering.

Friends were dropping me off and when I re-entered, NADA.

So luckily I had my keys ( DH was at a meeting_) and all was fine. I looked to troubleshoot why the pad wouldn't work and the main problem was there was no sign of life. We tried changing the battery but same results- NADA.

I went to my trusty youtube which said if there's no light on the pad, and you've tried a few of their sugested fixes, replace the pad.

So I went and picked up the pad at HD and watched the youtubes again and referred to the manual, and voila I installed and programmed a new pad.

I am so pleased with myself! ( I just can't figure out how to close our ladder but that's a decent price).

The other thing youtube helped with a few months ago, was our internal water dispenser on our fridge stopped working. Everything else worked, icemaking etc. I saw a youtube that said to try a blow dryer on the plastic pipe and sure enough, water!! I did not have a blow dryer so I posted on my buynothing group and got one.

What good stuff have you gotten out of youtube?

Comments (23)