SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c_graves1

Cabinet, trim and plantation shutter color

C J
last year

After purchasing over 50+ sample pots of varying shades of whites, grays, and greige paint colors from BM & SW, my heart always goes back to the whites/off white colors for our open concept kitchen & living areas. Those two companies didn’t have anything that I felt comfortable with, so I ventured over to Lowe’s last night and found something I think might work.

We purchased a preowned home, so the cabinet color and counter tops were already chosen. The issue I’m having is the “white” in the counters are not the best match undertone wise (warmer) for the cabinets (cooler). Adding on to that, is the factory finish in a different white ( factory finished in Behr Ultra Pure White) on the plantation shutters that are in all windows in the home.

I think I’ve found a neutral enough lighter wall color that doesn’t look too blue with the counters, or too yellow with the cabinets. It actually seems as though it’s very close to the cabinet color.

My question is this - do we paint the trim (doors, base, etc) to match the shutters, or use the wall color (HGSW4027 White Cotton) in a different finish, and just have the shutters be the lightest white fixture in the area?

Comments (6)