SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hillary_brotherton

Can my trim be slighter lighter than my plantation shutters?

Hillary B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Our kitchen remodel has quickly turned into a whole-house project. One of the things that it seems necessary to do now is to paint the cream trim and doors. They are very yellow and make it very hard to find a wall paint and kitchen cabinet color that will work with them.

Our entire house has plantation shutters that are a creamy off white. They are somewhat lighter than the current trim but nowhere near true white. Including pictures below, including one with Winbourne White from F&B to show how creamy they are. I'd like to paint the trim just slightly lighter than the shutters. Not the paint chip shown, that's just for contrast. Do you think it's doable or will it make the shutters look dirty? I do not want to paint the shutters, the expense and the logistics of taking them all off is just too much. But I'm hoping that getting the trim up to a more common off white will make everything else easier. Photos below, I live in the Pacific Northwest, it's rainy and dark today and the yellow isn't really coming through but trust me, it's yellow, the whole house glows yellow. Thanks for your help!

Comments (3)