SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thedivinemscarla

Need Help on Painting Kitchen Cabinets

Hello, I need guidance! I have a beautiful open kitchen to a living room. I want to paint the paint built ins next to the limestone fireplace and the kitchen cabinets and replace the kitchen backsplash. The previous owner freshly painted the walls grey. I would not have picked this color but I am not going to repaint to save $$. My thoughts are that the cabinets next to the limestone must be a creamy white that is in the limestone. The kitchen has an outdated quartz I cannot exactly identify but it looks close to Black Canyon Silestone. I will not replace the countertops (because $$). Therefore, the paint colors I have picked for the kitchen cabinets are found in the countertops.

With all of that said, the only choices I have definitely made is to paint the built ins next to the fireplace SW Dover White and the kitchen backsplash to be ITC Bone 4" x 12" Subway tile. I keep running scenarios on the kitchen cabinets with variations using SW Dover White, SW Jogging Path, and SW Urbana Bronze. See pics below and let me know which scenario you would recommend! Thank you!!

Scenario 1 below: Dover white next to fireplace, jogging path on all kitchen cabinets, urbana bronze on island. Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 1 below: Dover white next to fireplace, jogging path on all kitchen cabinets, urbana bronze on island. Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 2 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, jogging path on all BOTTOM kitchen cabinets, urbana bronze on island. Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 2 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, jogging path on all BOTTOM kitchen cabinets, urbana bronze on island. Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 3 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on ALL kitchen cabinets, jogging path on island only (no urbana bronze). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 3 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on ALL kitchen cabinets, jogging path on island only (no urbana bronze). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 4 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on ALL kitchen cabinets, Urbana Bronze on island only (no jogging path). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 4 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on ALL kitchen cabinets, Urbana Bronze on island only (no jogging path). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 5 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, Jogging Path on all BOTTOM cabinets including island (no Urbana Bronze). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 5 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, Jogging Path on all BOTTOM cabinets including island (no Urbana Bronze). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 6 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, Urbana Bronze on all BOTTOM cabinets including island (no Jogging Path). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Scenario 6 below: Dover white next to fireplace and on all UPPER kitchen cabinets, Urbana Bronze on all BOTTOM cabinets including island (no Jogging Path). Bone subway tile (matches dover white)

Comments (6)