SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mona_cherry18

Kitchen Renovation…what backsplash would you choose?

Mona C
last year

Kitchen reno is underway …we are expanding the kitchen into and getting rid of the formal dining room because we don’t use it….it will become an eat-in kitchen with breakfast peninsula for my husband and I (& occasionally 2 adult children & little grandchildren when they visit) We love our slate floors, and will be getting Calacatta Borghini Quartz countertops, black Bianca diamond sink, Black hardware & Moen faucet, cabinets will be Benjamin Moore 870 mountainscape. Stainless steel appliances and hood vent.

help us decide on backsplash!

Option 1 - only tile the wall with the hood vent, paint remainder of kitchen

Option 2- backsplash from counter to upper cabinet/open shelves, paint top portion

Option 3-combine 2 different sizes of tile ;Smaller tile from counter to upper cabinet/open shelf and the bigger size tile On the wall behind hood vent from shelf to ceiling. …husband and i both really like this idea however we need to know if it would be too busy because the wall with the hood vent is shared with the formal living room and existing stone fireplace

Here are pictures

Slate floors

peninsula will be on the left and stove will be in the middle

-Smaller window will replace left window and sink will be under left window

-Kitchen plan:

-brick fireplace is incorrect, ours is stone

-open shelves on either side of hood vent, not cabinets as pictured

i keep coming back to these pictures and really like the tile

we like Arabesque ceramic tile but I am wondering if it would be competing with the fireplace

we also like the Look of these Large subway tile and These smaller arabesque ones

but are totally open to suggestions

thank you!

Comments (4)