SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowang_gw

Kitchen Backsplash - which pattern would you choose?

12 years ago

Hi All,

I have cherry colored cabinets and Santa Cecilia countertop. Need a backsplash that is easy to clean (our cooking style tend to generate a lot of grease). I found the Lowes creme martif polished marble 2x4 and really like it. Trying to work out a pattern so there is some variation. Here are the links:

Pattern 1

Pattern 2

Pattern 3

Pattern 4

(It's the bottom border I'm interested in. Special order so I could only take a picture in the store.)

I like the clean look of Pattern 1, with only a matching rope dividing the top and bottom. Two and three are both trying to add a little interest, but still kind of plain. Pattern 4 is wild. But I'm afraid it's going to be overpowering and too busy.

I also tried to select a center piece for the wall behind the range. This is one possibility but I am not very excited about it:

Center

In general, does polished marble endure heavy cooking, splashes of oil or acidic stuff like vinegar or ketchup? I also have a small piece of wall above a built-in kitchen desk with same granite countertop and cabinets. Should I cover just the wall behind the desk or also the side walls up to the depth of the cabinet?

Many thanks!

Comment (1)