SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren_semi57

Black dot stains on quartzite

laurena Se
last year

Hi does anyone know what these black dot stains are on my quartzite? i had this countertop/backsplash installed in my kitchen in March of 2022 and sealed and pretty quickly into having them installed these marks began to appear… everywhere. when i reached out to my fabricator he told me its from using dish soap on my countertop to clean it and i am only supposed to use hot water. i called the place where the fabricator bought the actual stone from and they have so far been non responsive to my emails and phone calls. when i initially told them my fabricator told me it was from dish soap they said no way.. thats how you should clean the quartzite, with mild dishsoap.

either way, after May when some of the spots started to appear and the fabricator told me it was from mild dish soap, i stopped using it and only use a microfiber towel with water to clean but im still getting a lot of new spots? i really hope someone has an answer as to why i am getting them.. or even how to remove them? they are so deep into the countertop now i doubt i can remove them please help out

Comments (10)