SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataliepearson10

Exterior Reno/Paint Help!!

nataliepearson10
last year
last modified: last year

We are planning on pouring a new concrete porch and tearing this curved walkway out and installing a straight walk-up with concrete pads similar to the next inspo photo! While we're at it, we think we will repaint all brick and trim and we're pulling out all existing landscaping and adding gravel and plants to achieve more of a xeriscape look that we've implemented in our backyard to cut down on maintenance! We are also taking the three posts off the porch and installing 3 new dark stained cedar posts. I'm really struggling to find the perfect creamy white to paint the brick and siding, and also wondering what I should go with for the trim. Any ideas would be so appreciated! Our house faces East, and I'm finding that all whites are pulling blue, purple, pink, yellow, or green.. it feels impossible to find the perfect white!! We live in the South (Dallas).

The current color on the brick is SW Mindful Gray, which looks much too blue for our taste (especially next to the bluish-gray trim, which the previous owners painted and i'm not sure what color it is!) Do i go with a greige trim and a creamy white brick?! Or go much darker with the trim like an Iron Ore? My front door is Tricorn Black and I had planned to keep it but now thinking maybe i should stain it dark to match the new cedar posts. I think a creamy white brick will look so nice with the cedar posts. I'm wondering where else I could incorporate some cedar accents to tie those in more though! Thoughts?! I'm lost :) TIA!!

Comments (4)