SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollyhobbyist

Any recs. for a natural, good to higher end brand of LINEN fabric?

hollyhobbyist
last year

I am planning on purchasing a new small sofa (english roll arm) and two swivel chairs with skirts for the living room of my guest cottage. I've looked at several brands, and think we are going to go with some Ethan Allen pieces - very affordable. My question is, where has all the good linen gone to? The salesperson swore I would never be able to tell the difference between linen and performance fabric. I know they are good for spills, pets, etc., but I don't have those issues, and CAN tell the difference. Apparently I have to purchase the furniture and have it recovered as EA does not do/warranty linen for their upholstered pieces?! I think this is bizarre. I have several samples, some which are very high end, but none that are the natural color I'm looking for. I've attached a photo of a Pierre Deux chair that is probably 15 years old - the company is out of business, too bad, but it has linen cecelia toile that is fantastic. There are no "comfort wrinkles" and the piece is definitely NOT wrinkled. Linen, in my opinion is great. I don't mind the fading, and I may be in the minority, but I APPRECIATE the natural fibers!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH