SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman

Best sealer and joint stabilizer for wet look on Flagstone?

Hi all!

I've finally finished a dream project.

I've been collecting flagstone from Craig's List, reuse centers, H4H, and anywhere else I came across it. Really, Just like everything else involving my home rebuild of the last 18 years. It's slow going when you're broke, alone, and teaching yourself how to do stuff!

That said, I now have a 2300SF courtyard/patio in the front of my house. I Ab.So.Lut.Ly Love it.

But I only love it the most when it rains.

It's only been finished a week, and I already hate the darned sand between the pavers. Soooo....

I've been reading and reading, and can't decide what to pick up to get a wet look and stabilize the sand.

The most promising is the Black Diamond wet look sealer, or the color enhancer. Reviews are pretty typical, though, in that they mention good for slate, but all the useage, application, and comparisons are in their descriptions as concrete pavers. One review mentions the wet look stuff has acted as a joint (sand) stabilizer. But another says it doesn't look wet. The color enhancer says it darkens the stones (what's the difference, wet or darkened?) but doesn't have the subtle shine I'm looking for. And nothing about joint stabilizing.

So.

Has anyone used anything I should consider? I want a nice shine, maybe satin, but just wet. I need to stabilize that stupid sand before i lose my mind.

How does any of this stuff work, anyway? Flagstone isn't porous!?

And how do I get the darned dust completely off it? Power washing will just dig out the sand...

As you can see, the hard part is done. Now I need finishing advice!

Thank you,

Christine

Comment (1)