SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Wedding attire question

jojoco
last year
last modified: last year

The wedding is in mid-November in Upstate NY. It is going to be classic and beautiful (the invitations were wrapped with a dark green velvet ribbon and a monogrammed wax seal.) Black tie optional on the invitation, but gowns are requested on the wedding website. No problem, I love wearing gowns. It will be at a country club.

I've gone shopping in my closet and have narrrowed it down to these two options. Both fit perfectly and are lovely. I feel great in each one. Both go to the floor on me. The floral is princessy while the black is fitted and probably more sophisticated. I've worn the floral one once to a an early fall wedding and everyone loved it. The black one was gifted to me by our lovely Mtn and I think of it as my Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) dress as I made a donation there to thank Mtn. I've never worn the black one.

Shoes, bags, etc are basically already done. Same with shawls, jackets, etc. Hair will be brushed, lol. I probably won't bother to get it styled that day. Minimal make up--probably just mascara.

So, here are the dresses: The floral is by ElizaJ and the black one is by Karl Langerfeld.

Here is the back of the floral (the bow is supposed to go in front, but it gets too fussy for me having it there. It feels more classic in the back.)

And here is a close up of the beautiful details of the SPLC dress:

what do you all think? Floral or SPLC?

Comments (44)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals