SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

More wedding guest attire...

Sueb20
5 years ago

Joining the wedding related fashion queries!

I am attending the wedding of my HS best friend‘s daughter. Yikes...this is the first child of a friend to get married in my group! The wedding is Labor Day weekend in New England. The theme for the wedding is “rustic elegance” — the venue is indoor/outdoor, on a pond I think, and I know they’ve been gathering some things at flea markets for some of the decor — from the stuff my friend has shown me, it seems they’re leaning more rustic/antique than elegant.

What throws me a bit is that the wedding is at 4 pm...so it’s kind of a day wedding, kind of a night wedding?

I think I have maybe one dress in my closet that I could wear, but I ordered these 3 dresses on sale yesterday. Do you think any/all will be appropriate? And, as usual, the follow-up question...how about shoes? I can’t wear super high shoes. Most of the dressier shoes I own are too wintery. Especially with the last dress, which I think is my favorite — could I wear a black strappy sandal? Or maybe a nude color?

The one below might be too casual, but I’ll need to see it IRL. Something about the tie waist...

Comments (14)