SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Blooming today in Indiana

Not much is blooming here right now. Fulvous Brush Man just started to bloom (the latest one of all) and Carol Sing is still blooming on its first round. Most of what I saw today are seedlings.

Ultimate Design is reblooming. I will try to pollinated some of the flowers even though it's after my cut-off date for pollinating. I usually stop around Aug. 15 to give the pods time to mature. Ultimate Design will go in the greenhouse.

Cherry Pie a la Mode X (Stellar Stitchery X Cherry Pie a la Mode) is reblooming. Compared to its pod parent, this seedling has a bigger, more triangular eye, more color on the sepals. It is still lacking the complete border on the petals.

A cross of two late bloomers gives this seedling--Deadliest Catch X Raggedy Man.

This is Pineapple Bites X Veto.

This is Raggedy Man X Sonoran Desert Rose.

This little diploid seedling is Stella's Ruffled Fingers X either Indelible Blood or O Positive. We bought those two from the same seller. We bought two of one and one of the other (they were just single fans). Either the seller or we got them mixed up. Since both Indelible Blood and O Positive are the same color (and very similar) it took us a while to get them straight. They are now, but there is no way of knowing which one was he pollen parent of this seedling.

Late summer is when the tropical hibiscus start showing off. Here are two that we had had the longest (in fact, Bob had both of these before we were married and we have been married for 44 years)

Anderson's Double Yellow--you might ask where is the yellow. It's on the backside of the petals.

Kona Improved

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (10)