SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julyguy754

Help! Is my Katsura tree dead or can I save it?

Michael Beery
last year
last modified: last year

Greetings- I will try and make this as short as possible. I live in NE Indiana and have an established Katsura tree that was planted around 2004. It has been a healthy tree up to this point. I normally trim ii in April but got behind schedule and trimmed about2-3" off the bottom foilage that droops down ,which is the nature of the tree, in mid June. Two weeks later it was wilting and leaves drying up. I called a local nursery and was told I probably tramatized the tree and it went into shock. He felt it would make it but would look ugly for a few months. It really looks horrible and dead. It was my mom's tree, rest her soul, and I would be crushed if I killed it. I have watered it, by hose with a slow trickle for a couple hours every few weeks. We have had periods of rain here, but dry like most parts of the country. Does anyone have any thoughts how I can save this tree, or assurance it will be ok, just looks horrible now. Anything I can do besides watering it( read somewhere not to water too much because that can stress trees). I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this tough situation.

Thanks,

Julyguy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!