SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corey_jones75

Low voltage transformer keeps tripping

Corey Jones
last year

Hello all, I installed an outdoor lighting system a few years ago and initially it worked worked. I have a 120 watt 12 volt transformer with a single tap. There are 2 (16 gauge) wire runs, 1 short run with 1 (7) watt LED fixture. The other is about 100 ft with 7 (7) watt fixtures. I know i used the standard wattage chart for calculating the proper wattage. The transformer started to trip after initially working for a variable amount of time but recently started to trip immediately after being turned on. With the load signal lighting up before it turns off. I tested the voltage in/out of the transformer which check out good. I removed one run (short) and the load signal lit up and started blinking while the lights are on. So I think that line is overloaded. im looking for some ideals that can fix this the easiest way. i plan on checking some connections and voltage on that run soon then either buy a new transformer with either multiple taps or higher wattage or both. Any input is welcome.

Comment (1)