Wednesday's Brain Game----SOLUTION

Jasdip
last year
last modified: last year

Comments (51)

• User
    last year

Good morning! And a happy Be Lazy Day.

I’m missing the cow one and the bottom left hand corner one but have decent guesses for the rest.

Thanks, Jasdip.

• User
    last year

Ooh, I think I have the bottom left hand corner one.

• lettersatoz
    last year

^ I just got that one too! Glad you got it, because it's way too early for hints!

• bpath
    last year

Oh brother! First time through and I have three count 'em a measly three. This'll keep me busy and out of trouble today! Thanks, jasdip!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

5 that I think I know...

• patriciae_gw
    last year

I am at about half. Checking back I have some bad guesses as well. Bad guesses.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

I'm up to 8 that I think are correct.

1, 2, 4, & 6 are still eluding me.

• bpath
    last year

What I like about these is, the method for solving makes you shake up your brain! Just now, I got A1. Maybe I’ll do some somersaults or jumping jacks to shake up my brain a little more!

• bpath
    last year

I have a bad case of ”The Middles”. The middle of the first and last rows, and the middles of the last column.

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

I have 6 I am pretty sure of.

No clue what those 2 things are in the last box. A worm?

• bpath
    last year

Are we ready for hints? Outside, have you ever seen Love, Actually? The scene in the water in France? That references the object in the middle,

• User
    last year

The last box looks like a paper you may read in the morning and a long skinny fish.

That’s what I’ve based my guess on.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Me too.

tj

• bpath
    last year

I think I have B2/middle of the first row. But, if I’m right with that, there is a different word than what is shown around hee,

• patriciae_gw
    last year

I agree about D3. One of my good guesses.

You have to speak B2 out loud and the missing bit at the beginning is there when you describe the middle.

• User
    last year

I’m pretty comfortable with all of my guesses except for the cow one. I have two guesses. One seems like it is missing something and the other doesn’t seem like a common phrase.

eta I actually have 3 guesses. Two are similar to each other.

• bpath
    last year

DH just wandered by with his tea and we got a few together! So, I think I’m left with just B3, the guy in a jacket. More coffee!

• Rusty
    last year

Okay, I have answers (some are pretty far-fetched!) for all but the last one. I think that's a fish, but could it be a snake? Nor can I figure out what the thing above the fish/snake could be. So not even any wild guesses for that one. I wish whoever dreams these things up would use a better artist.

But thanks, Jasdip, this has been a fun one.

Rusty

• bpath
    last year

Hint time!

Does anyone have a good cryptic hint for B3? Not to easy a hint, not yet anyway.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

The last one is a newspaper, a long skinny fish plus a symbol. You need all 3 things.

• User
    last year

bpath, Venus Williams

• lettersatoz
    last year

Ok. I'm still completely stumped by the cow one (assuming it's more than just the line from the nursery rhyme!) and the one that looks like a computer screen flanked by 2 headdresses....or are those wings? Also, I think I have a different answer than rox for B3 or I'm not getting her hint. Hmmm......

• User
    last year

letters, I think there are two possible answers for the cow one and neither have anything to do with a cow but rather an action (or food). I do have a guess using the cow but it is kind of far fetched.

Is B3 the one with the guy in a jacket ? If so, I stick by my clue. LOL, but maybe I don’t have a clue what the answer is.

I think those ”headdresses” are wings.

• lettersatoz
    last year

Yes, B3 is the guy in the jacket. We may both be right - maybe it's a phrase that applies to more than one thing?

I think I'll stick with the nursery rhyme....maybe she asked for directions after she jumped over the moon.

Wings / headdress..... still nothing.

• User
    last year

That could be letters😀

What can you do with wings?

• User
    last year

Okay, B3 I can now see something you may do in a car. Yes, it could be that. Hmm, another possible answer.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

I’ve tossed around the Venus thing and the car thing and also what is pointed at…from a detergent commercial.

tj

• User
    last year

Ohhh, now I can see that too, tsug!

All good answers in my opinion. 🙂

• lettersatoz
    last year

Wow, sounds like B3 has a plethora of possible answers! (Isn't that a great word...plethora....people should really use it more often. That's not a hint to anything, I've just had a long day.) But, mine is none of the above. My hint would be swarovski.

• User
    last year

Hmm, that would be my clue for the very bottom left one.

(Plethora is right up there with the word salubrious…both are wonderful)

• lettersatoz
    last year

^I may use that tomorrow in the hard-word version of guess my word! (you beat me on that one today if I remember correctly!)

• bpath
    last year

I’ve been listening to the ”Finian’s Rainbow” soundtrack lately, and ”If This Isn’t Love”: ”With moons all around, and cows jumping … ”

Venus Williams? A guy in a jacket? You guys are no help at all.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Think of her swings.

tj

• lettersatoz
    last year

Lol - actually, I’m changing my answer - I just decided that I like tsuga’s much better! I hadn’t thought of it before, but now that I enlarge the picture, there IS that item! Thanks, t!

• bpath
    last year

OH! Really?

• lettersatoz
    last year

OH - now I get it! Yeah, that works too. But I still like the detergent one better. I feel like if it were Venus Williams, the item on the jacket would just be depicted as the item itself and not what it’s doing.

• User
    last year

I tend to agree with you, letters. Something bugs me about all three possibilities. The detergent one would be better if a bell was depicted, the car one and the Venus one really don’t need the jacket.

Venus was my first thought. I’m going with that.

• lettersatoz
    last year

Yeah, the swarovsky answer doesn’t need the jacket either, but, he’s gotta be wearing something (this is a family website after all), why not a jacket? 😄

• User
    last year

I think who ever draws these puzzles, likes to throw in red herrings. That flippin’ cow is still annoying me.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

WTG TJ!

If I post the answer now, can you still work on it (if you want to) and not look at the answers?

• User
    last year

Well, I’m good with my answers. 🤠

• lettersatoz
    last year

Me too.

(except for the flying monitor but I’m ready to give up on that one)

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

1 – Teacup

2 – Fly screen?? Shocked if you got it.

3 – Metaphor

4 – Leftover/Turnover

5 – Bad influence

6 – Backhand

7 – Sunken

8 – Wise guy

9 – Stay indoors

10 –Crystalize

11 – Elbow

12 – New Zealand

• lettersatoz
    last year

Hahahaha -- I thought crystalize was Eiffel Tower (eye....full of towers). And "point back" is a type of crystal, hence the swarovsky clue for jacket guy. I still like ring around the collar. No idea what a fly screen is, so I'm glad I didn't spend too much time on that one. I actually thought they were headdresses.

These were FUN - thank you, Jasdip, and everyone for the entertainment!

• User
    last year

Got them all except 11. LOL, I ’m kidding. I got them all.

#4 are the two food items I was thinking of and went with that. I also thought about ”Left cowering” …… LEFT COW RING. 😁

I think all the guesses for #6 were really good and would definitely award full points for them.

Thanks, Jasdip

• User
    last year

Ooh, I like Eiffel Tower! Dadgummit, we’re a creative bunch.!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Missed #4 but got the rest although I thought there was more to #7 due to the gap/hole on top. Thanks Jasdip.

tj

• bpath
    last year

OMG I got ’em all! Thanks to DH and the hint!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Never did get 1, 2, 4, 5, but I did get the rest 😃

• patriciae_gw
    last year

Some of these I was never going to get but it was fun. Thanks.