SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdonick

Exterior Paint on House w/ Brown Metal Roof + Brick in Wooded Area

cdonick
last year

I am looking for thoughts/advice/feedback on what I should consider for exterior paint colors. I was not equipped with the skill of being able to envision how something will look without actually seeing it in the flesh, as you can see by the multiple paint samples in the pictures.

About the house:

We live in the Pacific Northwest on a few heavily wooded acres. Our house faces west and sits at a lower elevation. Roof is metal brown and cannot change. Windows are white and will not change. There is red/white brick on the left bottom of the house. We are replacing the front door and garage doors as well this summer - they will not be as dark a wood as they are now.

Color Considerations:

White is probably not realistic option as it tends to get very dusty in the summer and very muddy in the winters. I personally really dislike the cream color it is now.

I'm struggling to even decide on a color choice - green might blend in too much with the surroundings, gray seems very trendy but I don't know if it will make the house seem darker than it already is, blues seems like a good way to go but I don't even know where to start.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths