SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mifla

Outside & Inside Advice Sought 4 Siding & Shower Wall Tile Choices

mifla
last year

We are in the throes of converting our sunroom into a bath, laundry and mudroom area. Our ranch is all red brick, however, bricking the outside was not an option, so we need to choose some siding. We of course, do not want it to look crazy glued on, but to blend in, not only with the brick, but also with different shades of taupe that are on our adjacent covered deck. Our gable vents are in the clay color so we could try and match this with like horizontal siding. However, ideas on other types of siding (shake, b&b) and what brands/colors to use would be most welcome.

I am also looking for opinions on what selection to make for my shower wall tile. I have already purchased my bathroom floor tile 12x24 -(Tile shop.States Snow) and my shower floor (hexagon mosaic- Cream ) The shower will be curbless/low threshold and is approximately 3x5. I am waffling between choosing a similar 12x24 from F&D as it has matching bullnose ( my contractor prefers bullnose around the shower and for floor molding) or "swing for the fences" and instead pick one of the two subways pictured. The first is a cream linen type from Lowes, and the second is one from HD which is wavy. In stock also needs to be in the mix, as the project is underway.

My bathroom is 8x8. my toilet is toto cotton white, the vanity is costco's Augusta with an off white Cream quartz top. I do recognize this look is "boring beige, and has no pop" but any other insights about functionality and aesthetics would be most appreciated.

Houzzers have saved me from myself/my choices before and I hope will continue to be very thoughtful and helpful in this instance too!

Comments (3)