SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

July 14 Car Accident Update...and Fun Facts

chisue
last year

An insurance company will try to contact their insured party by phone, letter and email for two weeks after they receive a claim before they send someone to doorstop the guy. IDK what happens if the insured party still fails to respond.

You know why I know this fun fact, right? Evidently the police officer wasn't kidding when she said the other party to our accident "...has a lot going on in his life right now." The police can't complete the accident report until they identify the driver...and the police 'can't reach' the insured party either.

This is more annoying as the insured is a well known member of our community. (We have his name and address from the police.) I've given up imagining why he won't cooperate over this $2100 fender-bender. It's either entirely that driver's fault (backed into our car) or 50/50 'at fault' because DH was beginning to pull out of the parallel parking space to the rear.

At least we can drive our damaged car...but it could have been repaired by now. Now the body shop can't even start until the insurer can contact their claimant at his home or business. That will be August 2, two weeks after the claim was filed on July 19.

Our insurance is out of the picture. I discovered that somehow we didn't have Collision coverage. We're certainly paying for that mistake.

Comments (25)