SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kholland63

What size mirror and sconces should I use here?

Advice needed! This is a secondary bathroom that will get lots of use by my mom, who is in her 80s. The photo is not quite correct-it’s from a software program our architect used. In reality, the vanity will float but have drawers only and extend all the way to the shower glass. The built-in shelves will likely have drawers below and cabinet doors on the uppers. Materials: white oak cabinets with steel grey granite countertops; black slate floors; black and white marble-look tile on the shower walls. Chrome fixtures and hardware.
I need advice on three items:

1. Would it be better to make the vanity an inch shallower (currently 20”)and extend it to the wall on the left, and then just put the cabinet on top?
  2. What size and style mirror would be best here? For reference, the ceiling is 9’ and the bottom of the window is at 6’9”.
  3. Would pendants or sconces be better in this situation? I’m considering the one pictured (11.5”H x 4.75”W) but am not married to it.

This is a new build and framing will begin next week. Plumbing cannot move at this point and windows have been ordered.

Comment