SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_throckmorton79

Crypton fabric for slipcover?

Heather Mae
last year

Hi everyone,

I love this wonderful community, and am seeking some guidance on a slipcovered sofa. I am looking at making my first big sofa purchase and getting a slipcovered sofa, and I would like a white or off-white light color. I have a couple questions I am hoping to get some guidance on:

1. I was told by one designer at Arhaus that I should not get a slipcover with Crypton fabric, as it would not look right. My question is, is this really correct? Do cryton slipcovers look bad?

(side note: I am not sold on Arhaus but am considering).

2. I have looked at another company that has machine washable crypton fabrics, as well as the standard stain repellent slipcover fabrics that they offer for their slipcovers. Any thoughts/experience with stain-repellent vs. stain repellent and machine washable crypton? With 2 small dogs, I want to ensure I can keep the sofas clean and not sure if I would want to throw them in the wash or not.

3. I could still be convinced to go with just a standard light twill for machine wash, but at this point it seems like crypton is the best option. Any comments on that would be a huge bonus and much appreciated.

Very much appreciate any thoughts/experience! I have never had a white sofa before, a slipcovered sofa, nor anything crypton.

Thank you so much!

Heather

Comments (4)