SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmountainhigh

Amazing Customer Service from Hunter Douglas

tmountainhigh
last year

Hi all, this is a DIY repair tip for Hunter Douglas window shades. And my recent experience with their wonderful customer service department. Recently our rather “vintage” shades. Which have held up beautifully for 18 years 😳 even in the Arizona sun! Had a couple of strings break. And the sliding door shade slider broke. I called around looking for a blind repair service & costs. The blinds themselves still look great, they just needed TLC. Because of their age, I was told it probably couldn’t be fixed. It would be several hundred dollars if repairable or thousands to replace. *SERIOUSLY!! I thought.” It doesn’t seem THAT difficult. So I started to see if I could DIY it. Starting with good ole YouTube... lol. Which gave me hope ... 👍. I tried HomeDepot... the FIXMYBLINDS website etc. But couldn’t find the parts. I’ve become so jaded by lack of personal service & automated phone systems companies employ these days. I didn’t think to call Hunter Douglas directly until my other searches came up empty. Let me just say people don’t wait like me!! Call Hunter Douglas if you will DIY & need to fix your shades!!. I spoke to a wonderful helpful person there. She helped me figure out which model & every part I would possibly need to fix everything. Even going so far as a piece that had been discontinued, what might work in its place. She was patient, knowledgeable & not in a rush to get me off the phone. I was so happy I wasn’t even dreading the unknown cost for parts & shipping when we’d narrowed it all down. I had my credit card out & ready ... when she said “there is no charge & it should go out in tomorrow’s mail.

“We believe that if customers want to fix our blinds themselves, we give them the parts to do so”.

I couldn’t believe it!!! My jaw hit the floor I think.. lol. I wasn’t expecting FREE!!! That’s right, all my parts & shipping FREE! She sent everything needed to restring 2 fabric blinds & the bracket to fix the slider. Plus gave me links to view repair videos & instructions online. Saving me literally over a Thousand dollars 😳👏🏻👏🏻😁😁. BRAVO & JOB WELL DONE! Thank you Hunter Douglas!!!

I still smile each time I pull the string & draw up my blinds.😁 When the day comes & new shades are needed. I know EXACTLY where I’ll go to buy them 👍 it’s worth every penny! Hopefully this post can save a few pennies for some other DIY’r’s too. 😊

Comment (1)