SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy

Analysis paralysis: bed edition

jakabedy
last year
last modified: last year

I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on this bed. I’ve been shopping for a new bed for probably two years and always find something wrong with all of them. Too platformy, too glitzy, too chintzy, poor quality, trying too hard . . . this the first one that really speaks to me, and I can’t find any reason to reject it, other than price. But it’s on sale now, which alleviates the $$ concerns a bit. Now I just have to choose between fabric and leather. There’s only one option for each, which is helpful. The leather would probably be more durable (I intend to draft instructions to be buried in this bed), but the fabric is speaking to me a bit more. The fabric I think softens it a bit, makes it a bit more feminine, and is a more correct reference to the MCM era.

Stickley Walnut Grove bed

**Also very important to note that my grandpa . . .

. . . was a member of Walnut Grove Country Club in Dayton, Ohio. Accordingly, there is a not insignificant degree of kismet at work here. The sale ends tomorrow, so any and all advice, gut instincts or chastisements are invited. Fabric on top, leather on bottom.

Comments (39)