SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
galwaygirl1314

The grout looks terrible!! What should I do??

I am currently having my bathroom remodeled by a contractor and it has not been going well so far. I picked a beautiful mosaic marble tile for my floor and the installation was no good. There were uneven gaps between tiles, cracks is several tiles, a lot of lippage, and dips in the floor. He told me that because it was a more complicated tile it was harder to work with, which I believe up to a certain point. However, through research I know there were ways to avoid all of the very obvious problems that occurred. The contractor ended up tearing it out. Fortunately he said he will cover the cost of that tile.

The tile in the shower looked so much better and I was really looking forward to seeing the finished product. I went to look at it after they finished grouting and found a mess. I have never installed tile but i know it isn't right. There is dried grout all over the tiles and everything looks messy. People I asked told me that there are ways to remove dried grout from tiles but that it will take a lot of work. I have a feeling there is no easy fix. I have not paid the contractor anything yet and I purchased all of the materials myself. What should my next steps be? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County