SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Ideas for a 3 Ft deep space for bathroom vanity

homey_bird
last year
last modified: last year

Hello,
I’m converting an existing space to a new bathroom. Currently, due to some design constraints, my bathroom is a bit extra wide, and as a result, instead of the typical 24” depth for vanity, I have 36” depth for the vanity. The vanity length is also 36”.

Allocating 3’ depth to a vanity seems like an overkill to the space therefore I’d like to utilize this extra 8”-12” for something more useful if possible. Note, the vanity is located immediately to the left of the bathroom entry door, followed by the toilet, leading to the shower.

One of the ideas I’m entertaining is to put a wall mounted, 8” mirrored cabinet on the vanity wall, thereby creating storage. Any other ideas?

If I decide to place a custom sized vanity with extra depth then I suppose I will need to get it custom made. Has anyone done this and how much more $$ was this?

Here is the image of the bath: the dimensions are not clearly stated, but the vanity area is 36" deep. Note, while this offers an ample space to stand in front of the vanity while the door moves, it is also somewhat wasteful and the dilemma is how to use the space more productively.

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Comments (4)