SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ga99

flooring options-carpet?

ga99
last year
last modified: last year

We are buying a house and wanted to just extend the engineered hardwood into the bedrooms. We found out the current floor has been discontinued. The first contractor gave us an absolutely ridiculous price to match it. We don't really love this flooring anyway so there was no way we were going to spend that money. We don't want to go to the cost of replacing the entire house because we won't get our money back and we aren't sure how long we will be in this house. So we figured we would just replace the carpet. However, I absolutely hate carpet. I would prefer something more eco-friendly and carpet is the last thing I would consider. I love the look of seagrass and it's a friendlier option; however, the subfloor is concrete. From everything I have read, I really should consider other options, although it's hard to pass up seagrass. I really cannot stand the thought of putting back in "regular" carpet that is full of chemicals but we don't want to spend a fortune either.

I plan to paint the interior white (something like SW Pure White or White Dove).

We will also keep the tile in the bathrooms. Likely we will paint all of the cabinets as well. The kitchen will be painted white, not sure about the bathrooms.

Ideas???

Comment (1)