SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
circuspeanutgw

Calling calamintha lovers, some advice?

Circus Peanut
last year

Hi folks,

I've had a "white catmint" sold to me as calamintha nepeta 'White Cloud' for a few years now, it's lovely and delicate but is much smaller in stature and habit than the classic blue Six Hills Giant or Walker's Low catmints I have elsewhere. Mine also blooms a month or more later than the blue versions.

Went to pick up some more today to fill in, and found a few different types, none of which resemble the one I already have (of course, ha!). I picked up one of each and now need to figure out where they belong depending on their size

Can anybody who's grown these white calamints fill me in on the specific differences in size/bloom between calamintha glandulosa 'White Cloud', calamintha nepeta 'Montrose White' and calamintha nepeta ssp. nepeta? I see that the subspecies ("Lesser calamint") has gorgeous lavender-tinged blossoms rather than pure white, and also appears to already be in flower, so probably a longer bloom-time than the others?

In particular I'm trying to decide which of them will be the tallest/largest once established. The information provided online and on nursery tags is a bit conflicting, anywhere from 15" to 3' is listed and photographed for all of these strains depending on web site.

Thanks!

Comments (2)