SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Update for Elliott's Aunties and Uncles

Jasdip
last year

Elliott had his dental surgery yesterday. He was the ONLY surgery scheduled for the day.

They did a full-mouth x-ray prior.

His blood pressure dropped quite a bit while under, so they ran a constant infusion of meds to bring it up and keep it stable.

They removed 8 teeth on the top and 2 molars. They were very diseased, and some were loose, and 1 was fractured!!! He must have been in absolute agony. We know what it's like to have a broken tooth. Poor boy.

The technician met with me when I first brought him in and explained the procedure and I signed the forms. She was asking me some health questions and I told her I had no idea; I've only had him since March.. I told her that he has a large extended family rooting for him and described how I got him and the subsequent issue. She thought he looked really handsome in his crate, and I told her to wait till she takes him out of it then! LOL.

When she called to update me she asked if she could be an Aunty too. Hahaha. She loved him.

He came home at 5, not to jump up, do stairs, keep quiet etc. He was wobbly of course, but he didn't want to sleep for some reason. He just sat beside me while I was working. I put him on his cushion but he wanted down. Every other single evening he's zonked there.

This morning I heard some noise and he was in the hall buzzing in circles chasing his tail. I burst out laughing; he's obviously feeling better.

He still isn't eating worth a darn. Way too fussy, and he has to eat in order to get his pills. I got some goop to wrap the pills in, most cats like it. Not him. I also got some powder to dissolve in his drinking water which is to help with gingivitis, tartar etc.

So he's happy to be home, got a good brushing and thank you for being his beloved family.

Comments (42)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH