SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_jablon

Help! Kitchen Granite Backsplash Options

Kimberly J
last year

I would love some opinions on how to do the backsplash for my kitchen! The counters are honed granite and the wall in question will have no uppers, just some art to the left, a window, and two open shelves to the right of the window.

1. Backsplash to window sill, same height the entire wall - about 6 inches

2. Backsplash only along the window up to the sill then straight down, no other backsplash

3. Backsplash to window sill then curves down to a lower height for the rest of the wall

4. Backsplash at a lower height same height the whole wall - there will be some wall in between window sill and backsplash

There will be trim around the window. What is tripping me up is there's a beam to the right, would you stop the backsplash there? Before the overhang of the peninsula?

The wall to the left is the stove wall which will have a white plastered hood and dramatic black and white marble backsplash that's the focal point of the kitchen. That's why I didn't want to do tile or something else on the sink wall, but I'm thinking for water protection there should be something behind the sink at least.

Comment (1)