SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rina_abz

What color kitchen cabinets? Honey oak to something modern

Rina A.
last year

My kitchen is open to the living room and we just had the living room painted a creamy SW Alabaster from a beigy-yellow. It looks a thousand times better already. However I want to update the honey oak cabinets into this decade. They are being professionally sanded, primed and painted. After the living room paint went from yellow to cream I had second thoughts about also painting the kitchen cabinets cream/white. Floors are a dark engineered wood and the granite countertops which run all the way up the backsplash are this strange color believe is called Saphire Blue Granite. It has a salmon color, black, brown and icy blue. Eventually when budget allows I will replace the granite with something lighter but for now I need to tie the living room with the floors with the kitchen cabinets with the busy granite. Island is half stucco and the other side are drawers and cabinets. I will be adding black matte hardware to the cabinets and drawers as well.

Should I go with the same color as the long living room the kitchen is opened to or would a darker cream like swiss coffee work? What about a very light grey?

Comments (5)