SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2235

NEED help with pendant lights

lynn2235
last year

We are excited to be moving into our new house soon and I’m on decision overload. Please help me decide on pendant lights. The dining area will have this Hubbardton Forge black chandelier over a black table. That room is open and adjacent to kitchen with white cabinets, white carrera quartz counters and brushed nickel pulls. Floor is medium oak. Island is not very big at 35x 80. Please send suggestions. Thank you!

Comments (45)

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

I forgot to add table, chairs and stools:

• njmomma
    last year
    last modified: last year

I could be wrong, but your colors are reminding me of @Home Interiors with Ease

home colors, French Country? She has a beautiful home and I love her decor.

Hopefully, she will stop in and help.

I myself chose not to do pendant lights, I chose pot lights over my kitchen peninsular. I have a mid size kitchen and did not want to take away from my dining table light fixture.

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@njmomma oh I hope she pops on too. I was thinking about turning them into recessed lights also. I’ll rethink that. Thanks for the help!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Hi Lynn…so exciting for you! Any chance you could post th layout….the island is a nice size 6 1/2’ long….also if you haven’t already ordered the stools I think you may need a little relief from all black…maybe consider cane or wicker?

• Robi J
    last year

Following

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@home interiors with ease oh I wish I knew you earlier. Table and stools have already been ordered and are awaiting delivery once we close on the house. At the time, I thought they should match but am already regretting that purchase. I thought the black would break up all the white and I was trying to get an order in and probably rushed a decision I should have taken more care with.
    Here’s the layout if you can see it.

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Here’s the layout!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Oh no worries! It will all come together you still have time to pick a couple pendants for over the island..yes pendants will look nice they will not block view it faces pantry not sitting area..so do two for sure 12” between them so you can have a decent size pendants…they can be 18” max..that gives you 6” on each end with 12” between them the two. What is the finish for hardware and faucets? Have you picked them yet?

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I’m not feeling it though. Lol.
    I chose the Emtek freestone pulls in satin nickel. I know everyone is going for soft brass/gold look but I’m just not there yet. I guess the older brass color has me scarred. Lol.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Polished nickel is really the most beautiful and has stood the test of time..can you change the finish? Most hardware companies allow you to return or exchange…worth checking into…

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

I haven’t received them yet but I probably could. I was worried that chrome or polished nickel would show fingerprints. Do you have lights in mind that would go better with polished nickel or just mentioning in general? I really appreciate your advice. Thank you!!

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@beverlyFLADeziner thank you so much for the suggestions! I like your suggestions a lot! I wasn’t sure if it was “okay” to do a scroll type pendant or if I should do something like these:

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

The Regina pendant is really nice but I do have a few suggestions..I will post

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Love these..with all polished nickel…I have polished nickel faucets they do not show finger prints…love them!

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@home interiors with ease I don’t know how to begin to thank you. This looks so good! You and BeverlyFLADeziner are so very kind to spend time helping me. Thank you!! I’ll take a look at those pendants now. Thank you so very much!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Lynn you are very welcome! I am deep into decorating my new home we have been in only a couple months..so many decisions…take your time…it will all come together! One tip I will share..the handles you have chosen are nice but you will keep getting hooked on the ends of the unfortunately..been there done that..if you can make any change I would go with a handle that rounds into the ends.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Like this style

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

OMG I was just going to ask if you had something in mind. You’re incredibly helpful -thank you!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

🤗😊 glad we have connected and I can help!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

I love your table..very similar to what I ordered for my formal dinning room but not in black..the legs are very similar..

• njmomma
    last year

@Home Interiors with Ease love your mood boards! Love your style.

@lynn2235 Your so lucky that Julie was able to stop by and help.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Njmomma…Thank you..appreciate you! You are so sweet!

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Njmomma…lucky? You’re not kidding! I only wish I had started here before ordering furniture, etc!

Home Interiors with ease…LOVE your style. That table is gorgeous and you pull it all together so beautifully.
    I began this journey with those colors in mind and somehow got sidetracked and went black. It started with ordering 2 black leather sofas and then just continued from there. Are you available for private consultations?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Lynn I am retired but can help here on your thread…or you can always message me here on Houzz too if you need help with some decisions along the way. 😊

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Home Interiors with Ease…congratulations on your retirement! Thank you so much for your help!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Lynn thank you! Houzz keeps me connected to what I love! So always here to help😊

• njmomma
    last year

@lynn2235

Make sure to update us with pictures of your room :-)

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@njmomma I definitely will. Im so appreciative of the feedback I received here and wish i had posted earlier on. I found out I could not return the cabinet pulls without paying shipping and incurring a restocking fee so I may end up keeping them after all. 🙄

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@njmomma and@home interiors with ease and anyone else who may want to weigh in …
    We had our walkthrough yesterday and the finish guy installed the basic builders cabinet pulls. We are disappointed. What’s your feeling on handle lengths?
    Top cabs are 36” with approx 3.5-4” trim in top in a house with 9’ ceilings.
    Th

• njmomma
    last year

Can you post pictures?

@Home Interiors with Ease is better equipped to answer

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Lynn..oh no why didn’t they use your hardware that you ordered?

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

I didn’t like the builders choices and was undecided at the time of selection so opted to order my own and planned to have my husband install them. I requested they leave them off.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Well if that was requested in writing they would need to replace the doors if your hardware does not fit the holes….the least they could do is pay for the hardware you can’t use now if it dies not work…can you post a image?

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

It’s all in writing. I didn’t think to take pics while I was there but I’ll post what I have from appraisals report. I guess I’m asking in an ideal world with no holes in the doors, what’s a good length for cabinets?

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

The first one is a close up of the wrong handles. The other 2 are from appraisals report.

• PRO
    MIRODEMI
    last year

What do you think about these pendant lamps?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Lynn the handle length is good..but the handles themself are horrible…you will get caught on those ends more than you can imagine…they should replace the doors or pay for new hardware for you that fits those holes that you love and credit you for the hardware you already bought. So sorry this was a big mistake on their part.

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Oh they’ll have to do something!

Mirodemi…thank you for posting those. Who makes #3 and #4?

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Home interiors with ease…plus they put 2 pulls on the longer drawers where I only wanted one long one centered. I think they may have to do new drawer fronts. The ones that are up are 154 mm but the holes are 98mm

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    last year

Tell them to replace all cabinet and drawer fronts. They have to do what was written in contract…don’t mess with them..tell them to start over…it’s ok..you are the paying customer!

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

Hi friends. So I threw caution to the wind and went with these. Hope you like them!

• njmomma
    last year

Your kitchen looks beautiful!

• lynn2235
    Original Author
    last year

@njmomma thank you so much!! I’m still waiting on thrm to replace my doors and drawers but otherwise we are happy that it’s well lit and bright!