SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_giberson

Inconsistency w/Cambria Britannicca. 1st slab is g8! 2nd not close!

Melissa G
last year
last modified: last year

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

Get real stone cut in sequence if trying to make match is the plan every slab of plastic fake stone is different . Maybe explain what you are trying to achieve.

• TXGuy
    last year

What does "g8" mean? Are you trying to bookmatch these, or just have them match for some other reason?

• Snaggy
    last year

@TXGuy g8 = great .. the 2 pictures seem the same to me ?

• TXGuy
    last year

@Snaggy hmmm I usually see that as "gr8". But anyways....the slabs are obviously different, but I don't know that I'd say one is better than the other. I hope the OP can provide more information.

• Snaggy
    last year

@TXGuy the more I look I can see the difference .. but it's not that much !

• TXGuy
    last year

Any update/more info from the OP?

• User
    last year

Ridiculouly unrealistic expectations.

• PRO
    Northeast Regional Sales Manager-Duravit
    last year

Cambria makes a wonderful product and as much as quartz is a man made stone you will never find two perfectly matching slabs. They will be close but never perfect. If perfect matching slabs is what you desire natural stone will most likely be best!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

Natural stone is also better for realistic looking veining. The quartz manufacturers just cannot duplicate the gorgeous veining in natural marble, quartzite or granite.

• RedRyder
    last year

My designer and I looked at every stone place in our area and luckily, the LAST PLACE, had 5 slabs of granite that were similar. It took her 45 minutes to pick the three slabs I needed for my kitchen and laundry room. Having 5 options was a huge, lucky break. It’s important for the slabs, whatever they are, to look perfect together of you will see the flaws every day. Hold on until you get two slabs that make you happy. (BTW -my countertops are Typhoon Green granite.)