SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doriswk

Is Safer's Defender Garden Fungicide enough for our Rhododendrons ?

doriswk
last year
last modified: last year

Our property in zone 5, outside Toronto, Canada came with 8 rhododendrons in poor shape, although blooming right now. In varying degrees all bushes have brown spots and / or white spots on one or both sides of leaves, damaged or rolled up browning leaves or fallen off dried up leaves, crust on branches. Some limbs look dead, without leaves. Under several in the ground is this strange little round fungal type growth, see in the picture with the label. Several are Rhododendron English Roseum, one as Niering Rhododendron. A nearby nursery said its a common fungal disease and sold me a spray bottle of Safer's Defender Garden Fungicide. One bottle of Safers was just enough to spray both top and undersides of leaves once. I am planning to repeat as recommended. But.... should the branches not also be sprayed?? And would the ground not be contaminated? And should I not be dealing with those little round things growing in the soil ? The lady in the nursery ignored this question. I cannot get the Safer's concentrate solution here, told its discontinued. Is there another product that would come in concentrate? I'd very much would love to save what bushes I can. Looking forward to your input .

Comment