SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neil_fennessey

Master bedroom, closet, and bath

Neil Fennessey
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, This is a ranch house - I have taken down all the walls including a massive brick wall that was destroying the floor joists. I'm ready for what's next. I've uploaded a photo below. This sits on top of a 3' high crawl space that is in fantastic shape for plumbing. It's great to access. I'm not worried about the plumbing as I have a great plumber.

Based on this design:

Closet: 98 sq feet

Bedroom: 160 sq feet

Bathroom: 90 sq feet

Pocket door to the bedroom is 40". It would likely always be open.

Shower area is 60" x 42"

Toilet is off center but that area is 42" wide so lots of room to get in there with some privacy. I can shrink the width of that too if I'd like more room for the laundry which is to the left. I have another post on that one.

I have a slider on the wall in the bedroom so you won't have issues getting furniture into the bedroom.

Closet has room for a 42"x48" picture window in it. I have 3 extras and need them to go somewhere.

The tan items in the closet are designed to help me understand area for closet cabinets. Yes, drawers would go under the window possibly. A large window in a master closet makes the room seem more open.

Questions:

1) Is the angled door dumb?

2) going into bedroom through closet only works if closet is finished with doors on the cabinets.

3) Is the window a bad idea. Seems like I'm losing some "hanging" space. I do not need a window in there.

Comment (1)