SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_hewitt80

Cabin kitchen design help needed

Cheryl Hewitt
last year

I bought a campground that has cabins that need updating. I need help reconfiguring the kitchen in one of the cabins. With all that is on my plate with a bathhouse renovation, and 12 platforms for safari tents to build, set up, and furnish, I'm short of time and feeling overwhelmed. When we renovated our kitchen several years ago you all were so much help. I still love my kitchen! I'm really hoping you all will rise to the challenge and help me out.

The outside of the cabin will be black on black with cedar pops of color and I'd like to continue the inside with black Ikea base cabinets. I would like shelves for uppers. We have a neighbor with a sawmill and I'll be able to get thick boards for the shelves. I'm not terribly concerned with dust as short term rentals get thoroughly cleaned regularly. I also don't need loads of storage, but would like as many drawers as possible.

The refrigerator is currently in a terrible location and is a big component in why a new layout is needed.

Note: to the left of the sink are light switches.

Note: I'm open to apartment sized appliances, if needed. All of the appliances need to be replaced.

I'm leaning towards Ikea cabinets for economy and expediency.

The stove and sink can be moved, as the cabin is open below (for now).

Long wall: 155"

Left to right..

Door trim to window: 32"

Window, including trim: 35"

Window trim to corner: 88"

Short wall: 108.75"

Left to right...

Corner to window trim: 40.25"

Window, including trim: 41"

Window to corner (right side): 27"

(please ignore the junk on the counter...it all has to go.)

TIA!

Cheryl

Comments (2)