SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chippydudu

Pigeon by Farrow & Ball_Kitchen Cabinet_Need Help

Annette
2 years ago

I am so obsessed with this color and fall in love with it after I saw Sarah Samuel's kitchen and decided maybe this is the one for our kitchen. But, when I ordered some paint samples and saw it on my kitchen walls, it looked super dark.

I like the color I saw on internet (most of them are way lighter). I know the lighting might effect the result but can anyone share their experience with this color? or any other suggestions of the colors that match the photos on internet?

p.s. we have similar dark wood floor just like Sarah's

p.s.s. we will also use brass or gold pulls and knobs with white marble countertop

p.s.s.s. should I paint the upper cabinet white (just like Sarah's) or should I leave both the same?

Here are the photos from Sarah's kitchen

Paint samples that I've tried on my kitchen walls (Pigeon is the darkest one and I think Blue Gray or Mizzle are closer to the color of Pigeon I saw on internet)

South wall with morning light (cooktop and double oven will be here)

East wall with morning light (sink and dishwasher will be here)

West wall with morning light (refrigerator and pantry cabinets will be here)

East and South Wall perspective (with afternoon light)

South and West wall perspective (with afternoon light)

Our kitchen design

I really don't wanna give up on Pigeon. My gut tells me this is the right color but I am so afraid that I'll make a mistake (the whole kitchen will look so dark)...... really don't know what to do..... Need help.... need help... indeed....

Any experience sharing or advises are very welcome!

Thank you everyone!

Annette

Comments (9)

• User
    2 years ago

Photoshop.

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

shannon kieffer is posting below re light above sink. she has the color you need on her cabs. id reach out to her and get that one.

• PRO
  • Annette
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@chinacatpeekin thanks for sharing your experience! I have the same feeling that Pigeon might be too dark for my kitchen..... :-( The Blue Gray looks very good in your kitchen! Love it! Is the 2nd photo the MIzzle? or all of them are Blue Gray? Thanks!

• chinacatpeekin
    2 years ago

Annette, the second photo is the Mizzle cabinet that holds my toaster and microwave. To be honest, the color looks very much like Blue Gray, just a bit lighter. I tried a sample board of Pigeon in my kitchen before finalizing my choices, and Pigeon looked darker and grayer, Blue Gray looked more green/blue/gray. Obviously your lighting is of key importance. It’s a tough decision!

• Annette
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks! That's what I thought!

Yeah it's a very tough decision and you only get one chance to do it right.....

I started with so many peel-and-stick paint samples from SW and F&B and narrowed down to 7 F&Bs and ordered the real paint samples from F&B. And narrowed down from 7 to 5 and then 5 to 3, Pigeon, Blue Gray and Mizzle (in the same boat haha). Still long way to go..... but hopefully i can make the right decision....

• Maxine Mak
    last year

Chinacatpeekin- how do you feel about the durability of the F&B on your cabinets? Does it clean ok? What finish did you use?

• chinacatpeekin
    last year

I haven’t had them long, so have just dusted them. Also, I live alone, and I am very careful to use the handles. There are no nicks or scratches, but I think greasy fingerprints would show.
    I’m not completely sure about the finish- they were spayed at the cabinet makers, and it was not “paint” but another type of coating; I had to approve the color match.