SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wholenewmom

Paneled Room Window Help Needed -- Wrong Windows Ordered

wholenewmom
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

What Would You Do? Miscommunication happened and we are going to have white windows delivered for this room tomorrow. I am time challenged (and not great w/ design), so not thrilled about the prospect of more overhaul, but also am a bit energized thinking of possibilities for this room (though I like the coziness of how it is currently, though it needs some refreshing and brightening for sure).

I would like to keep the sofa since we are already laying out a lot of $$ for our house recently.

Here are my options:

1) Keep the white windows and deal with it. Might brighten the room some, but might look a little "off"

2) Order the brown windows (won't match perfectly) and pay another $900 ish

3) Keep white windows and paint the trim and paint more trims in the room to get a new look

4) Keep white windows and paint whole room white (yikes!)

I'm open to other design ideas...this is just what I happened to think of.

I'm attaching some photos of the room as it is. It's in a bit of disarray due to other things going on w/ the house. I'm also adding a photo that really caught my eye. Again, it would mean a lot of changes but I thought the white trim around brown windows was nice against the brown sofa and interestingly we have those green hues as well as the very same chairs in the adjoining sunroom.

** Edited to add, as I have been processing this, I've realized that we likely need to remove the carpet and not sure what I would put in its place if we were to keep the paneling in its natural state. I really don't think it would be easy to make the room work with the paneling and wood flooring.

This also is an interesting option....just painting "some" of the room to brighten it up (see option #3) .

https://homeglowdesign.com/2016/07/30/help-knotty-pine-paint-alternatives-problem/ .

Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)