SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evegiven0

What does your BlueStar cast iron look like after heavy use?

evegiven0
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We really love the idea of a BlueStar range for many reasons, including the reported ease of cleaning. I have a question about how the cast iron looks day to day. Our range is in our island (I love facing my family while I cook dinner :)) so it really needs to look nice (not perfect, but not dirty either) , and I'd rather not have to obsess over keeping my range spotless. I notice on our current range, when clean the cast iron looks sort of dry with whitish and brownish areas near the burners. My concern is that a BlueStar range would get this blotchy look to the cast iron, and there's much more of it, so that even if it's technically clean, it still doesn't look island worthy. I also worry the cleaning routine of just wiping with a rag will leave it looking coated in grease/food.

How does your cast iron look day to day? What's your cleaning routine? Would the "wipe with a wet rag after each use" type of maintenance keep it looking nice enough to be on display? Does the cast iron look kinda nasty and greasy if not soaped down often? Does your cast iron discolor around the burners or stay fairly uniform? Can food really be brushed down into the tray underneath or does food get caught in crevices requiring removing grates to avoid food bits everywhere?

Thank you so much! Any and all input is much appreciated!

Comments (16)