SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolaleigh27

Help choosing light fixure and area rug!

lolaleigh27
2 years ago

Would love some help choosing a chandelier for this front room of my house? I got some great tips when I posted about the bay window and general layout of this room...now that I have my new black piano, I'm trying to decide on a light fixure and area rug to tie it all together!

The piano has quite a bit of gold trim so I think I should incorporate a few other gold accents, possibly in the ceiling light? The geometric square fixtures are my favorite so far...should I go with the black and gold? I don't really have any other gold in my house, basically just black (dark bronze) and brushed nickel. The tables in this room are nickel finish also (i could spray paint them a soft gold color?) so I'm worried it's going to be too many finishes?

As for a rug, I'm really at a loss...especially if I start to add gold. I've been looking for one in a white (or off-white) shade, with touches touches of black and blue. Not a fan of an abstract pattern...I dont think that style will look right with the piano.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!! 🙂

I really like the last light but it might be a bit too pricey for me at this pt 😕 The top pic geometric ones were the closest I could find...

Comments (21)