SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_397601776

Historic Spanish Revival Kitchen Reno

2 years ago

I am a long-time lurker planning a kitchen remodel for my historic Spanish Revival home. I mention historic because it is important to me to maintain a Spanish influence.

Here are the definites:

1. New island will be nearly square - not changing footprint, just will not have notched corner as it does today. Counter will be all one height.
  2. I am keeping the existing antique doors - the pair of blue and gold doors as well as the small door to the right of the warming drawer (spice cabinet). I am NOT keeping the carved shield things on the uppers to the left of the main sink.
  3. I am keeping the big Spanish-y hood and tile backsplash behind the range.

Here is where I need input:

1. Countertops - I am including pics of Mont Blanc Quartzite and Calacutta Michaelangelo Marble. Aside from the possibly fake names, neither seem quite right, nor does anything else I have seen so far. Existing cream counter is Caeserstone, which I do not love. Suggestions?
  2. Second countertop question - single surface type or different for island and perimeter? I did that in my last kitchen remodel (previous home), but that was 10 years ago. Is that look coming to an end?
  3. My first inclination was to keep the saltillo tile, but now I am thinking of trading it for reclaimed limestone. The new would tie to the color of stone at fireplace in adjacent den. Thoughts?

I have included pics of my kitchen, stone samples and inspiration pics. Oh, and afjacent den so you can see fireplace stone. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Comments (14)