SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darielsmith

Ivory metal roof with bright white trim??

2 years ago

So, last year, we had our house painted Cloverdale Paint Subtle Shadow with Benjamin Moore Oxford White trim. Our ivory metal roof is not visible (very gradual pitch), so we also had the metal edging that caps the metal roof along the edge changed to white to match the fascia. Fast forward to this year and my husband is having a huge shop/garage built on our property. I wanted it to match the house. He and the contractor, therefore, ordered (and installed) an ivory roof. I would have ordered a white roof as this roof has a much higher pitch and is visible. They have used ivory metal trim along the edge as well. All doors (including the garage door) and window trim have been ordered to match the Oxford white trim on our house. The soffits will also be white. I’m trying to determine: do we just forge ahead with Oxford white-painted fascia, which will also be around the windows and white doors and leave that ivory metal cap/trim on the edge of the roof, which comes down over the fascia? Or do we try to at least have that metal strip changed to white? It would alleviate a two-tone look trim when approaching from the front, but admittedly, when standing to the side, you will see the ivory roof with a white strip at the front and back edges. Ugh. Trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Comment