SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lantern88

Help me choose paint color(s) for doors and window trim?

lantern88
2 years ago

Hello! My house is from the early 1900's, and we are fixing up a previously unfinished room to be a bedroom. The wooden walls (similar to shiplap) were there, I just painted them because they were absolutely full of holes. (There was (very, very old) wallpaper on parts of the wood, but I believe most of it was removed by the previous owners.) I am trying to decide on a paint color for the doors (entry door to room and closet door), and for the window trim. I am not sure if I should stick with the same color for the doors and window trim, or choose different colors. The walls are Behr Polar Bear and the fir floors have a clear satin finish. I was originally thinking of a navy to dark greyish blue for the doors, but am now possibly considering sage green or something similar to Sherwin Williams Desert Lake. (But open to almost anything at this point!) The outside of the bedroom door will be in a room painted with Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist, with hemlock trim around the door (stained a cherry-ish color - still trying to match the stain to the rest of the trim in that room). Photos show inside of soon-to-be-bedroom with closet door, and room leading to the bedroom (still need to paint where doorway was modified, stain trim, install trim in bedroom, etc.) Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)