SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skalsthrowaway

Pros: can you recommend any apps or websites for managing projects?

Sarah
2 years ago

Asking this on behalf of my mom, who works as a designer for a custom home builder. I’m trying to help her find an efficient and streamlined way of keeping up with all her design projects. Do yall have any go-to apps/programs/websites/etc for creating and storing info for your clients?

Mom’s boss (the GC) uses Plan Grid for all their projects, so any sketches, product info, floor schedules, etc. that she creates with the clients ultimately get uploaded there, but she’s struggling with the best way to create and manage all this info before it gets uploaded to Plan Grid. (Also plan grid does not currently permit uploads on the app and the website is not very ipad friendly.) She is currently using an iPad Pro and mostly uses the Notability app. She frequently uses her pencil to draw diagrams, mark on plans, or sketch out elevations in addition to adding pictures and typing out product and finish selections with links to the website page.

She’s struggling to keep it organized and she constantly battles with storage space on her iPad and on the cloud. Does anybody have a system that works for them for managing all the digital paperwork? Any advice or guidance I can pass on to her or her builder?

I so appreciate any help yall can give! thank you!

Comments (3)