SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleyinperdido

Driveway Disaster - Help please! How to get this looking ok again?

Kelley
2 years ago

I've lived in this house 20 years. I always knew that someone would build next door and I'm happy to get neighbors. However, our driveways ended up being next to each other and there is little room between them. Still, as you can see in the Before (2nd picture - only I had a driveway at that point) and Now (1st picture - looks like a big parking pad in front of the homes) photos the driveways connect much further up than any in the neighborhood. Nothing defines one from the other. The HOA is writing letters telling us both to fix this. Neighbors, friends and relatives joke about how awful it looks. I know it looks awful. I need you to tell me how to fix it. A concrete cutter will be at my neighbors house in a couple of days at most. Do we ask him to separate the driveways more? If so, how much/how close to the road do you suggest? How can we create a center strip between the driveways that further separates at least visually? Landscaping? Pavers? What kind of plants or shrubbery might work in a narrow strip like this? The white cottage to the left of the driveway is mine. I've had trouble finding examples of driveways as close as ours but I included some photos of examples I have found. Please help. I have to have a plan when the concrete cutter comes and that could be as early as tomorrow! Thank you so much! I appreciate your help! We have got to come up with something attractive for all our sakes. I'd love to see any example pictures you might have. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Comments (38)