SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearsth34

1.5 - 2" Gap Between Backsplash and Wall

Tom Pearson
2 years ago

We made a mistake and ordered a vanity top/backsplash vanity cabinet separately. The vanity top/backsplash is for 22" deep vanities, while the vanity we purchased is a "furniture style" and goes deeper. As a result, we have a gap between the backsplash and the wall. If set the backsplash behind the vanity top sits lower but makes the gap smaller. We don't mind it being lower. My current thought is to buy some lumber and rip it to the needed depth, paint it white like our moldings, then set it behind the backsplash. I am not sure if this will end up looking like garbage or not.

We really searched a lot to find this color combo so we kind of what to stick with the vanity top and make it work. That and the vanity tops that are from the same company as the vanity are not that great looking to us and also use a wood piece that match the vanity as the backsplash - something we don't like all that much.

I see people doing a trick with backing in the gap and cualking on top, but I think this is way too deep for that. We also thought about getting another backsplash and putting it on the bottom with the wood piece filler as I described, then taking this one, turning it perpendicular and making a shelf, but it is too deep when we test fitted so we killed that idea.

Any other thoughts?

This is with the backsplash on top, putting it behind it reduces the gap by the width of the backsplash (obviously).

Comments (6)