SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadkd

How can I improve curb appeal while eliminating most of my grass?

sadkd
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My home sits sideways on the lot. The area surrounded by the chain link fence is actually the back yard. I am considering removing the chain link and installing white privacy vinyl going from the front right corner of the home straight across to the chain link that has white slats. This would increase the size of my "front" yard significantly. I am in an area of severe drought and under strict water restrictions. As a result, you can see that the grass has suffered and is not healthy anymore. I need suggestions on how I can improve curb appeal without keeping so much grass. The area is about 115' x 75' and we live on a main road. Zone 7a

Also, the green door leads into what used to be the front porch before being enclosed but at some point was sealed off and the main entry was moved around to the side of the home. It appears to have most recently been used as storage for yard tools. It causes confusion for delivery drivers even though there is a walking path and porch around the other side. I don't use the space for anything. I think moving the house numbers would help but any other suggestions on what I can do here?

Comments (22)