SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

CL and FB marketplace

3katz4me
2 years ago

I used to love Craigslist - bought some great things over the years. It's not the same anymore and I've not found FB marketplace to be a good substitute. I don't really do FB though I have a faux account so I can participate in some groups and I've perused FB marketplace but found nothing of interest.

However I had my first marketplace experience yesterday. DH has a large piece of equipment at his company that he wants to get rid of because they're moving and it's not used much. He asked me to put it on CL. So I did that and decided to also try FB marketplace because I know more people use that now. He was willing to give this thing away to anyone willing to haul it out but I put a dollar amount on it. I was shocked to get multiple responses within minutes. I thought they weren't for real - maybe just some guys wanting to meet my faux self - I have a very attractive picture of not me. Based on the questions they were asking though I realized they were for real. So someone is going to look at the thing this afternoon and I have a few more in queue if the first guy doesn't buy it. In retrospect I imagine I could have priced it higher but the goal is just to get rid of it.

I can see why people like using FBM to sell things. It's a very handy tool with good info showing level of interest in what you have for sale. DH has a bunch of stuff to get rid of at the company so I'm trying to figure out how to use this for that purpose rather than calling 1800GotJunk. We would both much rather have things reused that thrown in a landfill.

Comments (13)