SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Easter Dessert Ideas… ? Hmm…

petalique
2 years ago

I have volunteered to provide a dessert for Easter Dinner. I could make one ( but am dealing with some physical challenges). I could try ordering/buying one from a gourmet farm stand—- grocery store 25 miles away (but pricey for what I get and would it get screwed up?).

The home cooked Easter dinner is casual. I have no idea on number and forms* of attendees (waiting for a response back).

* all adults? children? Vegans? non-Gluten/gliadinites?

I was thinking I might make one of those glazed fresh fruit tarts on a custard base. I think I have a recipe someplace, and a 9” tart pan if I can locate it. I’m not sure what these tarts are called.

I will wear blue jeans or my khaki expandable waist trousers if they dont have too many paint stains on them. Casual setting, but no paper plates.

Other ideas I’ve stumble across include the following. Maybe people here have ideas or suggestions?

• Strawberry Mousse like thing on vanilla pound cake base. Fresh crushed strawberry on top. Assembled at the site. Whipped cream.

• BLONDIES ? (Blond brownies with chocolate chips and walnuts. Maybe too casual?)

• One of those fruit tarts with custard cream and fruit on the top and the fruit is usually glazed. the hosts likes this but I think I only have a 9 inch pan.

• Really good Whoopie Pies (cake tops are solid, not those fall apart crumbling airy things)

• Some type of chocolate cake or chocolate torte maybe with two different shades of chocolate and maybe with Grand Marnier.

• Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (maybe I can fashion little “carrots” for top. or maybe not. How would I do that??)

• Lemon poppyseed cake with fruit like raspberry (raspberries are not in season)

• Some type of (real) cheesecake. Probably not pumpkin.

Comments (46)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm