SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shripriya_sharma199

Family room redesign DILEMMA

sharms13
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello awesome folks! Please help me. I need your advice.We bought a new house and I'm trying my hand at creating an ambience in our family room. I'm willing to take time and decorate to make it look like a professional interior decor. So all you pros pls critique and help a momma 😊Current color scheme is etched glass in all interior walls. I put together my mood board here. While I really like grey color I think it's somewhat cold and not my style. I'm going for a modern look yet warm and cozy feel. I feel the brown/beige family will bring out that element of warmth.So idea is to paint BM Huntington beige. I dont completely love the BM paint and open to other ideas.... a more softer muslin color maybe??? I'm open to other color recommendations too. I'm in love with the wallpaper black and golden stripes. That will go on the left wall and we will mount TV and add wall sconces to sides of TV.Then on the right wall Im thinking ceiling to floor curtains on the 2 big windows in a grey or beige color.. the curtains must have a shine to it. Curtains will be end to end. On The area rug there will be L shaped sectional later.but for now we have oatmeal color couch and chair and a half which will sit in front of fireplace.The fireplace wall is bare with a box insert space.my plan is to cover the section and run a narrow accent shiplap wall right to the top. Shiplap will be colored SW Peppercorn. Please please look at my mood board and tell if I'm headed in the right direction. This is so stressful. I don't want to end up spending tons lf money and see things fail. Just a little guidance and encouragement goes a long way.
Edited: this is so weird. I edited the post on website and now I can't see theb pics I added to the post. And there is no option to add more pics to the original post while I'm in the white mode.hmmm

Comment (1)